Leather has many natural characteristics that gives the furniture its very special character. On some parts of the hide, the grain will have a tight appearance; whilst other areas will more loose, but equally hard-wearing. Characteristic marks found illustrate the unique beauty of leather:
- DUNG MARKS - these are seen in hide as more textured areas than normal
- FLY MARKS - Occasionally cattle are attacked by small insects which leave the marks of their bites in the hides, these occur as tiny cuts on the leather surface
- CREASES - these appear in the neck areas of the hide, Because of their heavy grained effect, they will appear as textured lines in the smooth hide
- SCARS - are caused in many ways for example cattle being caught on barbed wire fences, pests or horns of other cattle, in its healed form the new skin is as strong as the remainder of the fide and these marks help to differentiate real, natural leather from its substitutes
- GROWTH MARKS - reveal the age of the leather, as with scars, growth marks really do show off the full bodied character of real leather.
No effort is made to conceal any natural flaws such as these in the leather, in fact highlighting them enhances and gives the finished product that real antique look that is so characteristic with real leather furniture.
Real Leather is full of natural characteristics, the classical finished look, together with its soft textured feel gives hours of endless pleasure. All our staff pride themselves in having captured the complete fullness of real leather, along with its looks which are sure to give delight and the maturity of the leather as it ages will give you satisfaction for many years to come.
Using both applied finishes and hand-rubbing, each piece of wood is finished to highlight the natural beauty of the solid wood itself. Just as no two trees are alike, no piece of wood will look just like another. Variations in colour and grain patterns are directly related to where the individual pieces were cut from tree. Natural markings such as knots, mineral streaks and gum pockets have no effect on the furniture's durability. They are proof that the furniture is indeed truly solid wood. Like leather, solid wood mellows and ages with time and grows more beautiful through the years.
The London Chesterfield in Antique Red Leather
For more information visit: london-chesterfield
The London Chesterfield Chair in Antique Red Leather
For more information then please contact on 01254 394433 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org